Environmental Impact Report
The Final EIR was released April 19, 2012, and certified by the City Council on June 5, 2012. Electronic files are available below, and hard copies are available for review at the Community Development Department and the Menlo Park Library.
- June 5, 2012 Version (with changes accepted)
- April 19, 2012 Version (with changes tracked)
The Draft EIR was released April 29, 2011. Electronic files are available below, and hard copies are available for review at the Community Development Department and the Menlo Park Library.
A limited number of hard copies are also still available upon request.
The public review period for the Draft EIR was from May 5, 2011, to June 20, 2011.
Public Hearing and informational presentations
The Planning Commission held a public hearing on the Draft EIR on June 6, 2011. For more information on this meeting, please see the following:
During June 2011, staff also made informational presentations to the Bicycle, Environmental Quality, Housing, Parks and Recreation, and Transportation Commissions. More information about these sessions is available on the respective Commission agendas.
The close of the Draft EIR public review period will be followed by meetings of the Planning Commission and City Council to review and provide direction on the Draft Specific Plan itself.
Notice of Preparation
The Notice of Preparation is an initial step to inform members of the public that an EIR is going to be prepared.
- Notice of Preparation - Published December 8, 2009
- Scoping Session - City Council Meeting
Tuesday, December 15, 2009
Note: the following correspondence was submitted during the NOP review period, although letters do not necessarily specifically relate to the environmental analysis.
- Lee Boucher - January 5, 2010
- Don Brawner - January 8, 2010
- California Department of Toxic Substances Control (DTSC) - January 26, 2010
- California Department of Transportation (Caltrans) - January 14, 2010
- California Public Utilities Commission - January 13, 2010
- Margaret Carney - December 14, 2009
- Margaret Carney - January 8, 2010
- Nancy Couperus - January 7, 2010
- Jo Eggers - January 8, 2010
- Robert and Diana Ekedahl - December 15, 2009
- Patti Fry - December 15, 2009
- Dave Fundakowski - December 14, 2009
- Tim Goode - January 8, 2010
- Denise Krane - December 14, 2009
- Aldora Lee - January 7, 2010
- Bob and Susan Mascall - December 13, 2009
- Barbara Mason - December 13, 2009
- Menlo Park Live Oak Lions Club - January 8, 2010
- Margaret Petitjean - December 15, 2009
- Henry Riggs - December 15, 2009
- Barbara Seaney - December 15, 2009
- Kay Slocum - December 13, 2009
California Environmental Quality Act
Environmental analysis of projects like a specific plan is required by the California Environmental Quality Act. For more information, please visit the CEQA website.